Selling a home the FSBO way is like many other projects you might undertake in life. You must have a plan, you must know what you’re getting into, and you must have the right mind-set.
Your mind-set must be the following:
- have a positive attitude,
- do not expect it to be easy, and
- commit to teaching yourself everything you need to know about selling a home.
The positive attitude is needed because inevitably you will a few setbacks and things will not move as quickly as you hope. If you have a marketing plan it can take time to go into effect and you can’t quit or give up early.
Your expectations must be realistic as far as how much effort it will take, how much time it will take, and how much money it might cost you. Be sure to reach out to others to help you when you feel overwhelmed. No matter what issue you are facing there are people out there to help you.
Your FSBO Plan
When creating your plan, you will be able to both read about it and also talk to people whose knowledge and expertise you respect. Your plan should have several parts:
- a plan for getting the property ready (repairs, cleaning, sprucing up)
- a plan for marketing the property, which means getting information about your home out to as many potential buyers as possible, including the internet, advertising and other means.
- a plan for dealing with paperwork (such as offers and sales contracts) and also with government legal requirements. Here you can rely on a real estate attorney who can guide you to others if necessary.
The FSBO Process
If you’ve sold any other property in the past, you should know what the process entails and what you’re getting into. If you have questions, ask your attorney or someone in your county government who deals with real estate transactions. You probably have a friend or relative who is a Realtor and who you could talk to.
The process of selling a home on your own is not overwhelming. You can do it. In fact, if you get someone to help you with key things, like an internet marketing strategy, you may actually be better off doing it yourself.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Source by Leo J. Vidal